Friday, August 27, 2010

Judge and be judged

That was a question on my mine yesterday judging other folks.so I asked a few co-workers what judging others was to them.
One response was on the money as to where I want to be in my life but I'm not there yet.
His response was that we are not to judge others because we don't know where that person may have come from or the situations that may have occured in that person life.
Lord knows I don't know why it's so hard for me to just let others be,I guess my own experiences say you don't have to be where or what you are.
                                                                     Bigmac

7 comments:

Plane Ideas said...

Thanks for visit..I am willing to be judged perhaps I will be a better person..

CareyCarey said...

I have a problem with how that question is phrased and how it's (don't judge)frequently used by many to rationalize a wrong.

Imo, the word judge simply means to make a decision. We do that 100+ times a day. If not, we'd be blind robots that are left to the whimes of others.

CareyCarey said...

.

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Maybe Carey this post wasn't completly thought out my friend.
I'm still trying to write more effectively so my point of view is clear.
And that requires that I not rush to just say anything for the sake of writing.
Thanks for dropping by.

Antonia - Beauty Health Finance and Green Issues Editor said...

"...we are not to judge others because we don't know where that person may have come from or the situations that may have occured in that person life"

Well, that seems to make sense, but I think like many things it is easier said than done.

However, if somebody deliberately carries out an act of wickedness, which is totally and completely unjustified, I think it's hard NOT to judge.

In fact, it's one of the things that makes us human, after all we have reasoning, we should know right from wrong, so it is just natural to be judgemental.

Yeah, an I also think it's a phrase used to rationalise people's wrongdoing in today's society.

Anyway, nobody is perfect, we can only try to be better people, but we are not saints, otherwise we wouldn't have to make any effort to try to be better people, would we?

Anonymous said...

I try not to judge other people because I am learning not to "judge" myself. It is an ongoing process that's for sure. Happy holiday weekend Big Mac, I'm glad you're here!!

Covnitkepr1 said...

Big Mac..I invite you to follow my blog.