Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mental Health And Black Folks

I just don't know what's it going to take for the Black Community to wake up and smell the coffee in regards to mental health issues in our community.
Have anyone ever given to thought as to why so many of us need to find an outlet such as drugs and alcohol?
The pain of my childhood could only be tamed by the glup of a Colt 45 and a shot of Rum,there was really no where else I could turn to get a understanding of what was happening to me.
I won't blame my parents for that pain because,lord knows the issues they had to deal with raising six children in the 1950-60's wasn't a easy one.
I often use their persaverance as a benchmark when things get a little rough now days.
                                                                                  Bigmac

No comments: