Sunday, August 15, 2010

Coming Correct

I can't come casual anymore about anything in my life,which doesn't mean I'm on stand up guard 24-7.
With so many Black folk I know the seriousness of life is taken like a grain of salt.
So I reserve my softer side of life for the folk who understand me.
So many young people that I encounter daily are on a straight path to a early grave.
Many have not a clue of the deadly path they are following,
from extreme promiscuity,to living a madeup thug life of supposely keeping it real.
Babies having babies,older men impregnating younger women,families in a whirlwind of dysfunctionally,never seen in my life time.
So folks If I don't come correct,then who will?
                                                                                Bigmac

8 comments:

Tao Dao Man said...

Excellent.
I am also a big Bill Withers fan.

Val said...

BigMac, did you see the Dateline NBC episode last night (Sunday) about the violence in Chicago?

So many problems so few solutions there.

Reggie said...

If you think about it long enough it'll drive you crazy.

Antonia - Beauty Health Finance and Green Issues Editor said...

Yes, if you think about it too much it could drive you nuts.

Sometimes I wish I was a bear, I could just hibernate while the storms pass.

It's just one thing after another these days. If you question what is happening as well, these low morals having individuals are ready to jump on you and eat you alive.

My best friend told me to focus on self, I can't solve ALL the world's problems, however hard I could try.

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Hello RealityZone,welcome to the forest,I have been a Bill Withers fan a long time,the mans music just washes away my heart aches.

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Va:didn;t see the program but knew it was on,I kind of get tired of the media pretending that they care about the crisis going on in our community,inwhich they help create with the infusion of guns and drugs!

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Reggie:I feel you on your response,but if we sit quietly on the sidelines then what?

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Beauty and Health:Sometimes I do wish that I wakeup from this horrible dream that I see in my waking moments.