Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It was all about her

I made a trip early this morning to the post office to mail a few letters,there was  other person there  being waited on ,I said oh wow I'm the  next person.
Usually my trip to our local post office is greeted with long slow and indifferent lines,anytime of the year.
The indifference is coming from both customer and postal clerk,most of the time.
This morning it was the customer,after the postal clerk give the customer in front of me what she came for,she stood there for a few mins. more talking about personal things.
 Usually I'm a little patient with the post office service,but this morning I was a little pissed at the arrongance of this woman to continue a personal conversation while I waited in line.
THEN LIKE A GUST OF WIND SHE TURNS AROUND AND SAID TO ME OH SORRY I DIDN'T SEE YOU IN LINE!
I said to her yea like a lot of folks,who don't see me!How in the name of Jesus can she miss my Big Black Behind at 6'5 250 pounds?
At that moment folks I felt like Ralph Ellison's Book "The Invisiable Man".
                                                                                              Bigmac

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Big Mac!
I "see" you.
At my post office I honestly believe they work not to help the customers. I watch them slow down and glance around and dawdle. Maybe that customer wasn't looking anywhere but inside her own mind?
Interesting.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog, I read your honest blog (for some reason I can't subscribe to it, I have tried twice) and I am glad you are here.