Saturday, August 20, 2011

Part 12-By Any Means Necessary

Things were beginning to change in America,even slower in small towns and hamlets like Crackling.
The Mayor wielding the financial and political power he had,brought his board of directors of the bank together and convince them that they need to do business a little different.
One of the first things decided was to start to include the Colored population of Crackling in the economic system of the town,more then just being  consumers,but employees and stakeholders.
This was a win,win situation no matter how it was sliced for the powers that be,as Robert Lee took a seat in the office of Mayor Coop,he wasted no time getting to the point,he wanted Robert Lee to come work at the Piggy Wiggly after school as a bag boy,the pay was fifty cent a hour plus whatever tips he was given putting groceries in the cars of the customers.
Robert Lee was  smart  and tactful for his age and  explained to the Mayor that his school work came first and he would have to discuss this with his parents.
Even as he was counting up in his head how the extra money could help around the house,since there was no income coming from anywhere else regularly
Robert Lee bidded the Mayor farewell and thanked him for the job offer and ran down highway 441 towards home faster then a greyhound express bus..

3 comments:

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Hello! Oh I do so love a long running story. I must go back and start for the beginning. I like what I've read thus far. Very talented. I love folks who can weave a story...I don't have that skill.

And thanks for coming by my blog.

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Thanks,I'm a big believer in the fact that we all have a gift or talent,it's just a matter of recognizing what it is and start to utilize it to our betterment.

Reggie said...

Apparently it's been awhile since I've been here. I guess I need to go back and start at the beginning.