Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Be Careful of The Things You Ask For!

How many of us have been in trying situations and all of sudden we remembered how to pray?
And when our creator heard and brought us out of that darkness,did we remember to give thanks?
I have learned through my many trials and tribulations that part time praying and asking my creator for guidance is a joke! It's a full time job for me.
What I have learned , praying is something I need to do no matter what the situation is,most of us think our creator don't have time for our mundane issues.
But I have to fight to keep my blessing cause there are too many forces out here that is tugging for my heart.
With every blessing we get,we have to learn how to conquer something that is hindering our life.
                                                              Big Mac!

5 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Lately, I've been in a state of gratitude overload, man. Since my recent medical crisis, I find I'm constantly THANKING The Creator, even for little things, like awakening in the morning, like making it home safely & in one piece & in my right mind. I find I'm thanking Him for family & friends, & the good people in my life. Nothing goes unrecognized nor unappreciated. Not any more.' Yup. That's how I'm rollin'... w/ gratitude overload!


Diggin this entry, Mac.


One.

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

With that said Lin,let the church say amen!

msladyDeborah said...

Mac,

I sincerely believe in that song lyric that declares seven days without prayer makes one weak.

We all have reasons to pray. Believe me, I have so much going on in my story. If I didn't pray and receive guidance from the Holy Spirit, I would go postal at this point.

Hang in there my friend. God answers in due time and in due season and you never get more than you can bear.

Black Diaspora said...

"[P]raying is something I need to do no matter what the situation is."

How true, Mac.

Thanksgiving (gratitude) and praise is prayer.

Keeping one's heart filled with gratitude for all God has done--during the goods times and the bad times--is a sure way of keeping the good times flowing.

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise."

Just think: Thanksgiving gets you through His gates, and praise gets you as far as His courts.

Another way of looking at this familiar psalm.

Anonymous said...

Love this post Big Mac. Appreciation and gratitude help me find joy in the moment. If I can learn something too, that is the good stuff.